Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Romantic/Baroque

Perhaps it's my obsession with dead composers, but dressing like an 18th century courtesan has always been something I've been intrigued by. I was Marie-Antoinette for Halloween when I was 19  - powdered hair and all.  However, one does not go traipsing around town in a panniered gown and not get stared at - in a bad way. So you have to make concessions!


New Romantic


 One of the things I love about the new Baroque trend is the mixture of hard and soft. I love the elements of punk mixed in with the lace. It's sexy and fresh. Curvy girls, remember a mid-rise in your skinny jeans, and don't be afraid to play with color. Did I mention I love pussy bows? 
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Great outfit, I especially love those boots!

    xx
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! I'm going to try to budget for them. :)

      Delete
  2. I love those bright jeans! Cool skull earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the prettiest shirts Ive ever seen in my life! I want it so bad! Followed your blog!
    http://fashionfrommycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete